4. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site and/or Application, you may be required to create an account (“Account”). We may offer different options to create an Account, including:
(a) Online Registration Form: You may choose to complete and submit an online registration form. You will be asked to provide us with certain mandatory information such as your name, email address, and also a password that you will use for your Account. You may also optionally provide a mobile number for 2-step verification.
(b) Third Party Accounts: You may choose to create an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Site or Application for a designated third party website or service (each a “Third Party Account”) such as Facebook. Doing so will enable you to link your Service Account and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information such as, at minimum, your email, full name, and Facebook ID) that we will obtain from your Third Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third Party Account. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party Account.
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send an email to your nominated email address to instruct you how to confirm your registration.
4.3. Share with Friends Service. The Site and/or Application may enable you to invite your friends to use our Services by sending them an invitation email or message. You may do so by: (i) using the Site and/or Application to send or post an invitation message via your Third Party Account; and/or (ii) using the Site and/or Application to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address (for example, a gmail address). If you send or post an invitation message, we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address.
4.4. Profile. Some parts of the Site and/or Application may enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account (“Public Profile”). Your Public Profile will include your name and other information that you manually choose to include in your Public Profile. If you publish your contact information as part of your Public Profile, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Services or the public.
4.6. Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track user’s movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
4.8. Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the Services. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, and date and time stamps of Services use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the Services to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
6. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
6.1. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
6.2. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; (ii) send you emails for help or assistance in using the Services; and/or (iii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
6.3. If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an invitation email or message. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
6.6. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Rapid, our users, yourself or the public.
8. Opting In/Out. You may choose to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Services-related emails from us at the time you create your account. If you wish to opt-out of such emails in the future, you may do so at any time by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
9. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
10. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
12. Children’s Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
14. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
15. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
16. Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
17. Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: August 20, 2015